Modern Award Changes 2020
Variation to 32 Modern Awards is set to commence on 4 February 2020.
Since 2014, the Fair Work Commission has been reviewing all modern awards as part of its 4-yearly review. As part of this review, the Fair Work Commission has now finalised the first batch of 32 modern awards which have been published on the Fair Work Commission’s website (click on the link and refer to the column titled ‘Future Awards’).
The changes to the Awards include some Award specific changes, terminology of rates, and technical and drafting changes.
A list of the 32 varied modern awards are listed below:
- Aluminium Industry Award 2010
- Ambulance and Patient Transport Industry Award 2010
- Animal Care and Veterinary Services Award 2010
- Aquaculture Industry Award 2010
- Banking, Finance and Insurance Award 2010
- Book Industry Award 2010
- Car Parking Award 2010
- Coal Export Terminals Award 2010
- Cement and Lime Award 2010
- Cemetery Industry Award 2010
- Corrections and Detentions (Private Sector) Award 2010
- Cotton Ginning Award 2010
- Electrical Power Industry Award 2010
- Gardening and Landscaping Services Award 2010
- Hydrocarbons Industry (Upstream) Award 2010
- Legal Services Award 2010
- Market and Social Research Award 2010
- Medical Practitioners Award 2010
- Nursery Award 2010
- Oil Refining and Manufacturing Award 2010
- Port Authorities Award 2010
- Premixed Concrete Award 2010
- Racing Industry Ground Maintenance Award 2010
- Real Estate Industry Award 2010
- Seafood Processing Award 2010
- Silviculture Award 2010
- Sporting Organisations Award 2010
- State Government Agencies Award 2010
- Surveying Award 2010
- Travelling Shows Award 2010
- Water Industry Award 2010
Next batch of modern awards
More changes are expected soon. The second batch of modern awards are currently being finalised by the Fair Work Commission.
If your employees are covered by one of the above listed modern awards
We recommend employer’s take the time to read and review the new modern awards applicable to your business and make any adjustment necessary to ensure compliance.
Employment contracts, letter of offers, and any other documents in the workplace that refer to the modern awards should be reviewed and updated.
If you would like more detailed advice about the specific changes being made to your award(s), please contact us.
The information contained within this article is for general advice only, to obtain specific advice for your business contact us on 1300 116 400 or email [email protected] To find out more about Workplace Partners visit us at www.workplacepartners.com.au